Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Summer of '08

I love Summers. I hear people complaining about it all the time, at times I also do, but more than any other season, I like summer. I think it is just in my head. With summer, I relate fun, frolic, going out ( of course in the evenings!!), sleeping on the floor, everything cheerful. I relate melancholy with winters and hence, don't really like them.
I like dawns in summer. Right when the sun is about to be up to punish us with its blaze. Being stuffed in a room through out the night, the moment I step in the balcony, I can feel the freshness in the air, the very slight chill, when it touches me, is like water being poured on a fire to extinguish it.

Last summer was different and a lot has happened from then to this summer. Life would change so drasistically for me, I had no idea, but yet again this one year is a reminder for me to always keep in my mind that you don't take life for granted, you just can't. The twists, turns, shocks, surprises I had in this one year will keep me on my toes for a long time to come. :)

4 comments:

spilledbytes said...

Right, and while you are on your toes, put the fingers of your hands to good use. Keep writing.

sonia said...

:) sure thing !

Am said...

this is for you-
Ain't no use in complainin'
When you got a job to do
Spent my evenin's down at the drive in
And that's when I met you
It was summer of '69 ;)

sonia said...

:) sweet!