Thursday, March 6, 2008

Deep Blue Sea!

The recent trip to Mahabalipuram revived a lot of memories and allowed me to store some more in my box :) I have rarely been to beaches, the first time was four - five years ago. A few miles from Ratnagiri in Maharashtra , there is a temple near the shore. There are steps which start from the temple and lead to the ocean. The day I went with my parents to the temple, the ocean was fierce. The waves were hitting the banks hard , as if angry about something or someone. The person who had accompanied us said that it was the first time, he saw such a thing happen. I wanted to go down a little further, tease the waves a little bit, but my mother would not hear of it. Fifteeen minutes from this place, is another beach. Not yet a tourist spot, hence very few people were around. The first time, I came to know the joy of the waves touchimg my feet and the sand slipping through my toes. The amazement when I realised that we move bakwards when the waves go back ( do we??). It is simply ecstatic. My mother told me later that it was the first time she saw me so happy and laugh like a kid after a long time. My father made sure to hold my hand throughout the time we were on the shore ( which was very less :) ).

The shore at Mahabalipuram brought it all back. The company was different though. The first thing which we did was after reaching M'puram was to head to the beach. The crispness in the air, the beautiful sight of water, revived the tired souls.To look around in this small town, didn't take much time, and by early evening we were back at the beach to have a great time. A quick word on the view from the lighthouse of the sea - BEAUTIFUL. To actually see the sea, in different shades of blue, so serene, so lovely, will be with me for a life time.

2 comments:

spilledbytes said...

I have spent many days all alone in Chennai and the only thing that made me tick was the sea. I could see it from my balcony and my terrace and it would be difficult not to sit on the shore for hours in the weekends. (Of course after sunset, since we are talking about Chennai.)

sonia said...

I had read this in your blog. When you were in Chennai, what made your stay worth it was the view of the sea.I totally agree with you , you just can't help but look at it..