Saturday, March 15, 2008

Places I remember.in Kashmir.

1. My grandmother's place in Kashmir. I was spoiled rotten by her and my Uncle's. I can never forget that house and the love I got there.

2. The garden in our house in Kashmir. Filled with every kind of blossom. I was never allowed to pluck any though and one flower which always used to tempt me was the Tulip. Only one tulip, every season. No begging, pleading would let my father or grandfather allow me to pluck it. And finally that flower was stolen by the neighbor's son. Wanted to kill him , I guess I still want to :)

3. Nehru Park in Kashmir. You could go near the lake and put your hands in the water and all the tiny fish would come and touch your hands and tickle you. After all these years, I still remember the feeling.

The list is not exhaustive. I hardly remember anything about Kashmir. I was too young when we left that place and I have tried to forget some not-so-good- memories of that place and yet when I think about Kashmir, some things, some incidents and some places like the above are ever fresh in my mind!

No comments: