Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Promises to keep....

I never had a plan. I always went with the flow.In school, all that mattered was a lot of fun, a lot of fights with my sister and to be in bed by nine, at any cost. I used to see my sister slog through out, to be the best in her class. My policy, " To have fun". Somewhere from primary to secondary, something changed, a lot changed rather. Some conditions, snatched the fun away.I could see myself change, become dull and I couldn't do anything about it. The rest of the years in school and later in plus two, went in a daze. Graduation was all about proving to everyone around that there is more to a student's option of studying stereotype streams. University sucked out the living day lights out of me. Hoards of internals, seminars, exams, took aways whatever little life was left in me :)
But it gave me what I had lost in school - fun. Yes, the meaning had changed. But the two years in the University made up for all the time lost. First and foremost, I learnt to think out of the box. The people I met were all different in every aspect, religion, region, orientation, ideology.. everything.I met many intelligent people, some too pedantic, some unaware of their intelligence and some hell bent on ignoring the realities of life.
I haven't travelled much and hence the campus provided me with the oportunity to be close with Nature. Right from reptiles, to birds, to hares, to beautiful trees and blossoms, I got to see them all.
The dream is over, leaves me with many unforgettable moments, and at the same time a litttle bit of bitterness. But don't we say, "life moves on".
I have decided it has to, I have to , I already have. Yet another phase starts, yet another journey with a loved one in tow.... It holds a lot of anticipation, anxiety, curiosity, and a lot of promises :)
..... "promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep"

No comments: