Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why Simplicity ?

I have always liked simple things in life. Right from simple people to simple thinking. Simple things in life give me immense pleasure. I don't profess to be simple myself, how so ever I try :). To see a new born smile in it's sleep, brings a smile to anyone's face. One of my cab mate's nephew (barely a year old), comes out on the balcony once in a blue moon. I look up to him, perched on the wall of the balcony, nudged by the grandmother to wave at me. And all he does is stare at me. The days that I see him, I know for sure my day is going to go just fine :) The same cab mate's mother comes out in the balcony to see her daughter off. I don't know her and yet I unconsciously look at her and smile and she smiles back and acknowledges me. ( yes, there are other people in the cab as well, every body busy in their own world). A few months ago, while I was traveling to the office, I saw a mother waiting with her son, most probably for his school bus. Months later, I still remember the one second scene which took place between them. The son had tears in his eyes, he was not crying, just had tears. The mother wiped his tears with one hand , hugged him and was trying really hard not to cry. I found it so beautiful to see this simple expression of love. Just a couple of instances to reiterate the fact that simple things, if not anything else make you feel happy, only if it is for a short time :)

No comments: